Course Goals & Objectives
My goal with this training program is to provide you with information regarding state and federal laws governing the use of force by law enforcement and for self-defense. I will explain, compare and contrast various force continuums. I will also discuss crime scene examination, processing, and evaluation. I want to provide you with information regarding human performance, and the impacts of stress on the human condition. In doing so, I will review the observational capabilities of the human mind and eye, and examine weapon considerations associated with a use of force event.
At the conclusion of this training, you will be able to:
- Identify the US Supreme Court decisions addressing the use of force.
- Describe the various force continuums and their applications.
- Discuss evidence left behind during a force event.
- Identify the impact of fear/stress on human performance
- Discuss an individual’s ability to observe and recall event related information.
- Explain time and distance considerations and their influence on a force event.
- Recall crime scene assessment techniques.
- Identify the misconceptions associated with video related evidence
- Investigate events and or situations involving the use of force